Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving load on Slab

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rajus
848 Views, 6 Replies

Moving load on Slab

Hi There,

I have modelled a bridge deck with prestressed units and insitu topping slab with a moving vehicle load. I could not see anything significant happening on the slab due to the moving load. It appears that the load has not been applied to the slab correctly. To make it simple I tried the movig load on a simple slab which I have attached here with. In this simple model as well I can't see anything happening while the dead load appears to be correct. I tried with defferent options of application plane on the moving loads window, still the moving load is not applied correctly.

Can you please advise why this is happening? How to apply the moving load correclty on a bridge deck slab?

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: rajus

Change the structure type from solid to shell (Geometry > Structure type)

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
rajus
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi Artur,

Thank you for your help. It worked with changing the structure type.

One other question I have in relation to the moving load on slab.  I want to apply two lane loads on a bridge deck, basiclly two moving truck loads in two different load cases. When I combine these two load cases the moving loads are not in line, one is lagging behind. Is there a way to move the two moving load together?

Thank you,

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Could you make a sketch of what you get and what you would like to achieve instead please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
rajus

Hi Artur,

I have attached a sample model and screen print of the two moving load on two lane bridge. As you can see moving load M1600-2 (CASE-3) is lagging behind M1600-1(CASE-1) when combined together in COMB1 (CASE 13). Is there a way to move the two M1600 moving loads together.

I have an alternative longer way to solve this; define four wheel axle moving load and move at the centre of two lanes. However combining together as mentioned above would be much simpler.

Thank you,

Raju

Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

The easiest seem to define a new vehicle that represents both M1600-1 and M1600-2 vehicles together with the appropriate distances in both horizontal directions with respect to the center line between them) and define the route along the bridge as the center line between them.
There is no automatic way of generation two separate moving loads following each other.
If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
rajus

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report