Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move global coordinate system

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mirko.Jurcevic
899 Views, 3 Replies

Move global coordinate system

Hi,

is there a way to move the global coordinate system instead of moving the whole model.

Example. I started modeling my structural model and at some point I figure out that my bottom-most point (which is ex. at -4,5m (Z)) should be at 0,00m (Z).

Is there a way to "move" the x,y,z origin to a new point?

If I move the whole model, I have to either delete and add new structural axes, or I have to give them "translation vector".

What's yours recommendation?

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

is there a way to move the global coordinate system instead of moving the whole model.

No.

This may help to update Structural axes:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/api-macro-for-geting-and-creating-cartesian-...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Rafal, I was afraid so.

At least I don't have to waste any more time trying to discover that.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 4 of 4
t.sautierr
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

So what is the purpose of the toolbox for redefining coordinate system ?? Is it only for local/temporary system?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report