Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling wall panel with springs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sergey.churilov
543 Views, 6 Replies

Modelling wall panel with springs

Hi to all.

I am thinking about the possibility of modelling wall panels with a series of springs, as shown in the attached picture. The spring stiffness and behaviour should be nonlinear, i.e. elastic-plastic.The top and bottom beam shall be rigid.

Which solution do you propose? Compatible nodes maybe?

Regards!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Bars with releases in the middle ?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7

Hmm. I am attaching a file with the proposed concept. Many instability problems were found.

Can you please check the model?

I would like to define shear spring for the diagonal element, but also compression springs to vertical elements.

Is it possible to apply displacement time history in the top left node, instead of static force (in the example it is 100 kN)?

Message 4 of 7

Hmm. I am attaching a file with the proposed concept. Many instability problems were found.

Can you please check the model?

I would like to define shear spring for the diagonal element, but also compression springs to vertical elements.

Should be like this now?

rel.jpg

Is it possible to apply displacement time history in the top left node, instead of static force (in the example it is 100 kN)?

See below

tha.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 7

Thank you Rafal.

Can you please send me your file. I am having troubles reproducing the model you suggested. I obtain zero displacements for the time history analysis.

Message 6 of 7

This approach works for linear models.

For nonlinear:

- apply imposed diplacement in simple case, record reaction in this node

fxreac.jpg

- remove support and imposed displacement load, apply nodal load with reaction value, define THA with the settings as shown above

thadispl.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

- apply imposed diplacement in simple case, record reaction in this node

- remove support and imposed displacement load, apply nodal load with reaction value, 

As usual I was too fast 🙂

What is written above is correct for non-dynamic actions (statics).

Dynamic response from structure for loads excitation (dynamic excitation) and displacement excitation (kinematic excitation) is \ can be different.

So... In case of kinematic excitation robot presents "zero" displacement values in THA case results in the (supporting) node(s) where the imposed displacement is applied. Therefore the displacement diagrams are not correct.

All other results in this(these) node(s) are correct, and ALL results in other nodes are correct.

So in your case do not look at displacement results in node 2, do not look at deformation diagram

(PS support in node 2 must have blocked UX dof, my mistake with spring ; corrected model attached)

excit.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report