Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling GFRC

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
OscarGaunt
903 Views, 10 Replies

Modelling GFRC

Hi

I am currently trying to model Glass Fribre Reinforced caldding panels as FE panels in Robot. From what I understand GFRC design is categoriosed by Ultimate Flexural Strength not compressive strength  as with normal concrete.

Is there a way to manually  change the Flexural Strength of a material? I have checked Peferences --> Material --> Modification but can't see any option there to control the Flexural Strength.

Thanks for your time.

Oscar G

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: OscarGaunt

I think these ways for panels:

ort.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

But if you mean RC design module - not possible

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 11
OscarGaunt

Thanks! No did not mean design module. Just wanted to model the correct behaviour of the material for analysis.

Message 5 of 11
OscarGaunt

I'm sorry but I am stuggling to get this to work. I do not understand the units

I need to simply change the Flexural strength to 18MPa. Is there a way you could show me step by step if you have time?

Thank you

Oscar 

Message 6 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

I need to simply change the Flexural strength to 18MPa.

No way.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 11
OscarGaunt

Thanks

Message 8 of 11
OscarGaunt

Sorry are you saying that it can't be done or you can't not show me how it is done?

Message 9 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
Message 10 of 11
t.sautierr

OscarGaunt wrote:

I need to simply change the Flexural strength to 18MPa. 

didn't you mean flexural stiffness? -> no way to calculate the resistance, but you can model a lot of different material with different behavior.

Then you have to calculate the coefficient and put them manually : see example for a slab with stiffener. make ha =0 or a = infinity and you will get the formulas for a slab with uniform thickness. Or take it from a book.

You can also choose a pre defined thickness type and display the corresponding matrix. By playing on the paramters you will see what is affected in the matrix

You can also 

Message 11 of 11
OscarGaunt
in reply to: t.sautierr

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums