Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling bridge elastomeric bearings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sergey.churilov
1934 Views, 5 Replies

Modelling bridge elastomeric bearings

Hi to all,

Can you propose a method for modelling the connection between bridge deck and bridge columns if it was supposed to be achived by elastomeric bearings?

Is maybe 'Compatible nodes' an option? If yes, how to define the properties, maybe elastic compatible nodes, or something else?

The model shall be used for modal, spectral and TH analysis.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I use elastic bar releases.

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

I forgot to mention that the model should be shell model, so bar releases will not do the job.

Message 4 of 6

Maybe you can use small bars conecting the shells(columm/Beam) and in these bars you use the elastic releases.

Can you show a picture of you model?

Rafael Medeiros
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

I do not have the model yet, but suppose the deck is r.c. slab laying over wall-type columns, as shown in the following picture.

el_bear.jpg

Message 6 of 6

I would use those small bars to connect the deck and columm elasticaly .

And you also can create rigid links on the bar end nodes connecting the shell nodes to simulate the bearings width.

Rafael Medeiros

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report