Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modelisation sismique d'un chateau d'eau (hydrostatic load to mass conversion)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
REDO10
944 Views, 2 Replies

modelisation sismique d'un chateau d'eau (hydrostatic load to mass conversion)

Bonsoir;

J'ai besoin d'aide pour accomplir le calcul sismique de mon chateau d'eau...j'ai defini les parametres de l'analyse modal et sismique selon le code "RPA99", mais quand je defini les masses et je lance les calculs, le message d'erreur suivant apparait: "la charge par pression hydrostatique ne peut pas etre convertie en masses. supprimez la pression hydrostatique du cas converti."

1-Est ce que la charge hydrostatique n'intervient pas dans le calcul sismique? sinon comment corriger ce problème?

2-Est ce qu'il est necessaire de definir un noeud maitre "constrainte" pour le calcul des masses?

Merci

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: REDO10

This load type is not converted to mass (another question is if you should treat water as a mass attached to certain point of the structure which does not move from 'right to left' in the different way than the structure) . Try to replace it with number of straps of uniform loads with values increasing from top to bottom or use similar horizontal linear loads instead.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

I wouldn't try to attach mass to the building coming from water .... I mean if your building would have been out of it, it wouldn't change its eigen period. If you take into account the mass of the water it will affect the results of the modal analysis.

-> I would try to estimate the dynamical force due to water movement on the building (if required and relevant) and put that into a separate load case that I would combine with the seismic analysis results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report