Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling two floors and one beam;

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ricardo_urjais
1461 Views, 1 Reply

Modeling two floors and one beam;

Hello Guys!

I am starting an academic project where I have several difficulties to overcome. One of them is the situation where I have two slabs conecting to one beam, I know is not a very traditional approach, but my teacher wants me to do it that way. How should I simulate it? I have some pictures attached where I show the solution I achieved. Basically, it consists of "virtual" bars (which wil not be calculated) that connect both floors to the beam, just in order to guarantee load transmission along the floors. Can someone tell me if I'll get realistic values for moments (My) in the beam?

Another question, not so much about modeling but about correct design: is there anything wrong if I connect a beam to another beam (beam-beam)? And between a beam and a wall (beam-wall)?and to embedded a column in a wall? and embedded a beam in a wall?

Another question, and it will be the last: I am working with Revit - Robot workflow and I am having troubles with geometrical imprecisions in Robot, mostly between floors and walls, right after transfer the model from Revit (this imprecision is the order of the 0,000123). Is there anyway to correct this automatically? Of course I have already changed some of them, but there will be always some missing.

Thank you all for help Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Please check 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Modelling-RC-beam-with-slabs-connecting-at-d...

and try to use the EDit > Detailed Correct options and adjust to planes / structural axes or http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Rounding-up-coordinates-API/td-p/3430533

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report