Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model next to orifin

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
raried
193 Views, 2 Replies

Model next to orifin

I have tried to find information on this in the help file and this forum.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of issues with using Robot with the model "far away" from the origin?

I always keep my Robot models close to the origin as I understood that this is required. Too far from the origin and there are issues with resolving the matrices during analysis and convergence.

The reason I ask is that I have been asked to change my analysis model to be in the same shared coordinate system as the Revit models. This is only1000 to 2000m from origin and I see the results are comparable.

How far can we go from the origin in Robot 2014 withour risking errors?

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: raried

You are right about the recommendation of avoiding large values of coordinates. I'm not able to give you the exact limits as it is hard to determine due to the fact that this is model dependant and links to the architecture of the selected solver. Perhaps you could agree on some offset value so that you can communicate knowing what to add or subtract form the coordinates in Robot and Revit?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
raried
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Arthur,

Thank you.

I will resist changing our Robot model location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report