Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum reinforcement in slabs

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
HenkaCarlsson
1654 Views, 11 Replies

Minimum reinforcement in slabs

I'm calculating a tank and I have tried to let Robot calculate the minimum reinforcement for me but it seems to me that the values are to high.

I have the reinforcement type with simple bending.

The pictures in the pdf show part of the bottom of the tank and its 700 mm of concrete C40/50 (fctm=3.5MPa) at most and the minimum reinforcement is 17.6 cm2/m.

If I use the formula AsMin = 0.26 * (fctm / fyk) * b * d I get app 12 cm2/m. (fi16 fyk=500MPa)

What is the explanation to this difference?

If I change the type to "bending+compression/tension" to concider normal forces in the slab I get over 80 cm2/m in minimum reinforcement in some areas.

Do you have any explanation to this?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Please check the code provisions for max. allowed bar spacing.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Minimum-reinforcement-on-slabs/m-p/3729178

The minimal area of reinforcement for tension is usually defined by different formula tan the value for bending.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 12

Yes the maximum distance is 250 mm according to 9.3.1.1 (3) which is 4*2,01=8,04 cm2/m.

Message 4 of 12

Attach the file please.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 12

Here is the file. (Without results because of the size)

Message 6 of 12

Try to set the steel grades and bar sizes in the reinforcement parameters labels assigned to panels.

bar sizes.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 12

I did that in my model from the beginning. It must have lost that setting in some way.

The difference is that when I choose B500BT as reinforcement grade it says "plain" instead of "deformed". Maybe that's the problem?

Message 8 of 12

Check what is set in the database

BT12mm.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 12

When I choose B500BT in the "Plate and shell reinforcement type" it says "Plain" but according to the database it should be deformed.

Message 10 of 12

Please check if you have a local version of this database in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\Robot version number and delete or move it. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 12

I moved it and now it is "deformed" both in the "type"-dialog and in the database.

I have investigated the result a little bit more and I find that the result of the minimum reinforcement is depending on if you check the "Reinforcement adjust" for cracking in the SLS tab of the "Plate and shell reinforcement type".

I can't find a description of that tab in the Robot-help.

If that setting is unchecked I get results that correspond with 9.2 and 9.3 in EC 1992-1-1.

But if I check it I get much more minimum reinforcement even if there are no cracks. I wonder if the program uses 7.3.2 in EC instead and calculates the effective area of the concrete tension zone regarding the stress distribution?

Or if not how is it done?

Message 12 of 12

I moved it and now it is "deformed" both in the "type"-dialog and in the database.

So you were using your local (edited) version of the database. Mystery solved  Smiley Happy

I have investigated the result a little bit more and I find that the result of the minimum reinforcement is depending on if you check the "Reinforcement adjust" for cracking in the SLS tab of the "Plate and shell reinforcement type".

I wonder if the program uses 7.3.2 in EC 

Formula (7.1) from 7.3.2

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report