Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum area of reinf. for beams Rc (Abmin)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
javt75
1082 Views, 5 Replies

Minimum area of reinf. for beams Rc (Abmin)

I want to know how the robot calculates the "Abmin" because it does not match my hand calculations according to equation (10-3) of ACI 318-02, since in some occasions gives 100% more in Robot, than calculation manually. Schedule an example with the following values​​: f'c = 21 MPa bw = 200 mm d = 244.1 mm fy = 420 Mpa According to equation (10-3) Asmin = 162.75 mm2 Robot and is: Abmin = 442.86 mm2. This is a very big difference, so I want you to help me clarify whether the "Abmin" Robot is calculated according to equation (10-3) of ACI 318-02 for RC beams, or a completely different variable . Thanks, Annex Image of Robot.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
javt75
in reply to: javt75

Annex pictures.

Message 3 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

PLease check http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Abmin-how-RSA-calculte-this-value/m-p/447599...

If this does not answer the question attach the rtd file with the beam please. Thank you.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 6
javt75
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks for the link, but perform the calculation according to equation (10-4) of ACI 318-08 section 10.6.4, and it gives me that I place a maximum spacing of 255mm reinforcement closest to the tension face, which in my example is not necessary, since my beam has a total width of 200mm. and is asking me twice Abmin which is calculated by the equation (10-3)
In short, if taking this Robot consideration of equation (10-4), it is possible that small sections for beams is not working properly.

Message 5 of 6
educm4

I have the same issue. I can´t understand how Robot calculate the Abmin value. This value is much greater compared with hand calculations.

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: educm4

Could you both attach the files with your beam sand your manual calculations of Amin please? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report