I am testing Robot with the AutoCAD Structural Detailing(ASD) link. I try to understand why it happens two issues:
Please try these steel workflows:
1. Create a structure at ASD with beams, columns, and its connections.
2. Uses the migration link to pass all the structure with its connections.
3. The model pass every, but not with the connections, why?, what must I have to considere?
Another steel workflow:
1. Define your profiles as a beams and columns at ASD.
2. Uses the migration link, and pass everything.
3. Make your calculations, and try to change a section defintion for a beam, and there's no problem.
4. When you try to update your model from ASD, you will see that your model has change the beam and column definition to the default definition of "profile", and you must to change to all elements again.
Any idea about this?
I have found that when you have an structure at ASD with beam and column definition it migrates withouth problem to Robot, but when you select the option at the migration dialog box about to migrate the connections too, doesn`t work.
Nexsys de Colombia
Solved! Go to Solution.
Referring to migration issues connections, it should be noted that despite the declaration in the definition of the link gives no the possibility of migration modeled steel connections between ASD and RSA.
This refers in detail to what RSA connections not in its narrow range.
Connection to the link is in the opposite direction and which has its justification in the design process.
The second issue concerned the updating of sections and elements here, yes I agree that is a problem with the update when the ASD is defined by the connection.
But there should be no problems when you change the RSA section and save the file, which is a link ASD-RSA, and you update the model.
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!