Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh generation problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rioja
294 Views, 3 Replies

Mesh generation problems

Hi all

The following issue is regarding the mesh generation in a very simple structure

with the same coordinate for the existing nodes (defined for beams) and the corresponding panel edge

it jumps to points in the neighbor e.g. from 1.60 to 1.59946

1.- How to force to stay at e.g. 1.6

2.-  It requires most the times a geometrical correction, because it generates a new node over the existing one

3.- Nodes are also generated outside the xy-plane

Please let me know how to fix this issue, because it is very time consuming

During verification

the duplicated load label warning is on

a.- something is wrong with, because the labeling should be automatic isn´t?

b.- changing the subnature labeling DL1 DL2... LL1, LL2..., it recognizes one time, by the next generation it is wrong again..

thank you in advance

Best regards

Marcelo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: rioja

The following issue is regarding the mesh generation in a very simple structure

with the same coordinate for the existing nodes (defined for beams) and the corresponding panel edge

it jumps to points in the neighbor e.g. from 1.60 to 1.59946

Which node is it exactly please? I can't find any node with such coordinate in the model you sent.

During verification

the duplicated load label warning is on

a.- something is wrong with, because the labeling should be automatic isn´t?

I have asked my colleagues from the development team to try to disable the possibility of having duplicated load labels.

b.- changing the subnature labeling DL1 DL2... LL1, LL2..., it recognizes one time, by the next generation it is wrong again..

I have never seen such situation . From my experience each time the duplicated labels are renamed it solves the situation once and for all.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
rioja

Hi Artur

In the attached file you will see the generated nodes generated out of axis

The nodes 1985 and 2671 are an example they must have the coordinate x=11.625 and have x=11.62498

therefore the mesh is generated very fine in the neighborhod

Similar situation have the nodes in the axis x=11.625, x=21.175, x=29.175 and x=31.725

Regarding the load label please, run the model after changing the labels to see the warning

Best regards

Marcelo

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski

In the attached file you will see the generated nodes generated out of axis

The nodes 1985 and 2671 are an example they must have the coordinate x=11.625 and have x=11.62498

therefore the mesh is generated very fine in the neighborhod

Similar situation have the nodes in the axis x=11.625, x=21.175, x=29.175 and x=31.725

The reason is the inaccuracy in the modeling. I have used the detailed correction option to the structural axes and some planes to correct that.

Regarding the load label please, run the model after changing the labels to see the warning

The labels should be corrected before running the model. If you do so no message will be displayed.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report