Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mémoire insuffisante!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
m.dellel
1582 Views, 10 Replies

Mémoire insuffisante!!!

i calculate my project in modal analysis...but i have an error message : mémoire insuffisante!!!

i have a good machine...so i'm pretty sure that my laptop can do more than that....how to resolve my problem please?

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Are you operating on x64 version of OS/RSA?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 11

no ... i'm using 32bits windows...that's happen in my 2 laptops...windows xp and windows 7 !!!

Message 4 of 11

I think we shoud check it out on the x64 edition.

What is the size of RAM these computers have? 

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 5 of 11

Is this model file size big?

Maybe we will check it on our machines?

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 6 of 11
Bauskas
in reply to: Jakub.Brozonowicz

Resource management in Robot is crappy anyway. There's no way to make a 2000 frame long animation even of a simple structure. Not to mention that the multithreaded solver won't work with TH.

Message 7 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Bauskas

Dear Alex

Multithreaded solver works with THA.

I am attaching screen shot

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 11
Bauskas
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I can't express with words how grateful I would be if you could show me how.

But it doesn't work and I was told so by the support team.

They said if you have to calculate with seismic modal analysis, use frontal or sparse instead (which will frequently yield irrelevant instabilities). From my experience, it crashes with the 5000 error even if plain modal decomposition is invoked, see pic.

capture_06062011_180942.jpg

UPD.: Hello Rafal, good to see you here. I'm quoting you here:

" error 5000 appears while calculating seismic with multithreaded solver. So in case of running full model please set SparseM or Automatic solver ". 

UPD2. I see that we are working with the same model here. This is really weird since I haven't been able to get the MTS working in ANY configuration with dynamic analysis. Believe me, the 5000 error is ubiquitous in Robot users here from very diverse backgrounds.

Message 9 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Ad UPD1. I know it hapend on your model. It is not general failure, but we are investigating it.

Ad UPD2. Have you modified anything in the file you are working on currently comparing to the file sent me in SR?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 11
Bauskas
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal,

thanks for your response!

1) Based on what I see in our community, there is obviously some kind of a systemic problem. The 5000 error occurs with different users, on different PCs and with different models.

2) I have started up the model that I sent to you and it really DOES TH now. The only difference that I see from what I have shown on previous screenshot is that I just saved it under a new name, there are no actual differences in the model.

3) Apart from my previous experience with Robot, the main reason I believe there's a problem with TH+MT is that I've been actually told so, quoted above.

Message 11 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

In general , error 5000 is a memory leak problem or lack of free memory or similar; kind of calculation engine crash covered by program. By that action calculation engine stops instead of crashing \ closing whole program.

In many cases saving file under new name and restarting robot helps. Sometimes it is required to save model after Model Generation and run Calculations without Model Generation by Calculation Manager to use as much as possible of free RAM memory

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report