Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max and min stresses in shear wall

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
deezed
1024 Views, 8 Replies

max and min stresses in shear wall

hello

how to get the max and min stresses of shear wall!

thnaks

deezed
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
nany717
in reply to: deezed

Hi there,

Perform the analysis , Go to results..select Plate and shell results, in the results window RghtClick and select Tables and Columns and select whatever results you want for that wall and click Ok. For the extreme results, you can check the envelope tab that lies at the bottom. 

Hope this is useful for you 🙂

Wall1.jpg     Wall2.jpg

Wall3.jpg                  Wall4.jpg

Message 3 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Mind that for panels it is important to select the right layer depending on the kind of stress you are checking: top/bottom for bending; middle for shear.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 9
deezed

hello;

i've a problem and i can not get the max and min stresses because all the result gives 00.00 as  value,so can you explain more or have you a short video!

best regards

deezed
Message 5 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Mind that for loads acting in the plane of a panel the shear stresses (in the direction perpendicular to the panel) are 0s.

stresses for panels.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 9
deezed

hello;

i still have the same problem!

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

deezed
Message 7 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Try to change the units to T/m2. I don't expect that yiu have forces large enough to generate 'significant' values for T/mm2 and you either need to change the units or increase the precision of the results display for the current one (0,123456789).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 9
makg1345
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Sorry for jumping on to this thread, but I have a related question.

You mentioned that Upper and Lower layer of stress are for bending and Middle layer for shear. What about for axial compression or tension?

For example, we have a shear wall under gravity load, when we design for axial compression in the wall should we be choosing middle layer instead of upper/lower? Note that sometimes upper/lower layer stress can be 20 to 30% larger than middle layer. 

Message 9 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: makg1345

For pure tension/compression the layer doesn't matter. For combined axial force and bending check both top and bottom one.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report