Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass participation factor. Imposible to approach 90%

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
StructuralSilver55
1868 Views, 3 Replies

Mass participation factor. Imposible to approach 90%

I am having some difficulties when I try to reach 90% of mass at least in 1 direction, to do a seismic a analysis of the structure. I tried to find it but as you can see in the attached picture . Thank you very much for your help. File attached

12.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

As it is a slab the vertical vibrations are what you may expect to be the dominant factor. Try to switch off the vertical mass.

Z off.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Artur, I've read in other post that it's not necesary to reach 90% of total acumulated mass in one direction, it's only a recomendation. I've done another analysis with 100 modes and still the structure hasn't 90% of the mass...
Message 4 of 4

To be honest I'm not sure what is your objective as 90% in horizontal directions seem to be intended for a building (vertical cantilever) rather than for a slab that vibrates in the vertical direction.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report