Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual slab reinforcement

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
STP_MS
3412 Views, 12 Replies

Manual slab reinforcement

Hi all

I have two problems regarding slab reinforcement.

When I manually set provided reinforcement as I wish (The set reinforcemnt seems OK, because provided reinforcement area is larger than required reinforcement area), Robot doesn' take it into account. Calculation errors an reinforcement display are attached.

The other question is how can I manually set provided reinforcement with wire fabrics instead of reinforcement bars?

Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: STP_MS

File please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 13
STP_MS
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Message 4 of 13
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: STP_MS

I guess you have frozen reinforcement before dleting it.

provreinf.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 13
STP_MS
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

You're right. Thank you.

Message 6 of 13

Hello,

How can I know that reinforcement are frozen?

Waleed Khalid
Message 7 of 13

reinffr.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 13

Hi Rafal,

Similar to what's been discussed in this thread, I've manually drawn the reinforcement on a slab. However I can't get it to appear in the 'Slab -reinforcement' module or the Final Drawings; they both show the slab without reinforcement.

On previous slabs when I have automatically calculated the reinforcement in the provided reinforcement module then the reinforcement shows in the Final Drawings and the 'Slab - reinforcement' modules once its been calculated...

I have frozen the reinforcement, possibly before I pressed the calculate button, so my questions are: is this the reason that it isn't working? And if so how do I unfreeze the reinforcment? In the Results menu it only has freeze reinforcement, not unfreeze and freezing it twice doesn't seem to unfreeze it.

Thanks

Matt

Message 9 of 13

I should also add that I don't appear to have the reinforcement freeze icon/button in the toolbar as you show in message 7. But it says in the Calculation errors list and the Slab-reinforcement module as in message 4 that the reinforcement is frozen
Message 10 of 13

File please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 13

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6q3pedtm47rgzcs/Robot%20Slab%2018.9.14.rtd?dl=0

I apologies for the large file size. I know it ought to be opened in repair mode to compress it but I didn't want to lose the reinforcement.

And the calculation errors are due to a collegue creating the model 🙂 but that shouldn't affect this I don't think.

The button to unfreeze the reinforcement is in the correct place in the Slab-reinforcement module when the file has been created in Building Design but not when it has been created in Plate Design which is what this model was made in.

Message 12 of 13

Unfreeze slab first

unfreezeslab.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 13

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report