Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mansory muti story

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
mjoflor
1308 Views, 14 Replies

Mansory muti story

Hi i have a multi story building ( 3 levels) in mansory walls, any documentation, example or tutorial , can help me, thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mjoflor

Neither masonry parameters (orthotropic material properties) nor their design are not supported in the current version of Robot and you have to decide what kind of the simplified approach you would like to use. You can define e.g. the orthotropic thickness reducing the stiffness in the horizontal direction, apply linear releases at the vertical edges so that  the horizontal tension force is not transferred, replacing masonry walls with loads.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 15
mjoflor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thanks, any example, or tutorial or documentation can help me, ???????

Message 4 of 15
mjoflor

How can i get this:"apply linear releases at the vertical edges so that the horizontal tension force is not transferred, "?????

Message 5 of 15
Tuctas

What type of masonry buildings are you refering to? Are you talking about reinforced type (with hollow blocks e.t.c) or about stone masonry buildings?

Both are intersting (and quite difficult to figure out) issues.. One of the main objective is to take into account the out of plane responce of masonry walls too. I suppose Artur is talking about the first case ("orthotropic naterials"), it will be interesting to see some kind of example about what he proposes.

Message 6 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski

@mjoflor wrote:

How can i get this:"apply linear releases at the vertical edges so that the horizontal tension force is not transferred, "?????

See the attached picture.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 15
mjoflor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks for all, but I have the next question it´s valid for cortain wall, or only for shell element, i mean the linear releases

Message 8 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski

As the curtain wall panel calculation model means that there is no mesh you cannot apply linear releases. On the other hand such panel (curtain wall) is just intended for load transfer with no structural role in a model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 15

HI

On the other hand such panel (curtain wall) is just intended for load transfer with no structural role in a model.

The curtain wall facade does not carry any dead load weight from the building other than its own dead load weight.The wall transfers horizontal wind loads that are incident upon it to the main building structure through connections at floors or columns of the building. A curtain wall is designed to resist air and water infiltration, sway induced by wind and seismic forces acting on the building, and its own dead load weight forces.

Message 10 of 15

Hi Artur

Please find the attached file. Can you explain the parameters for nonreinforced masonry wall in Orthotropic==> Constant thickness reduced stiffness dialogue box?

Message 11 of 15

Sorry

Please find the attached file.

Message 12 of 15

Hi

I guess f is the membrane stiffness and k is the flexural stiffness, but I couldn't find in the help menu these parameters so I wrote this post to be sure of it. What about v parameter?

Message 13 of 15

stiff_coeff.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 15

Hi Artur

Thanx u very much. Why aren't these parameters explained in Help menu?

Message 15 of 15

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report