Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local load on 2D bars BUG???

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
legar
437 Views, 7 Replies

Local load on 2D bars BUG???

Hi,

Could somebody comment local load on bars?

Assume 2D Frame module, some local load on bars are generated incorrectly - see picture below :

2D local loads.png

Assume 3D Frame module, all local loads are generated correctly - see picture below:

3D local loads.png

Same result in ARSA 2013 Pro and ARSA 2014 Pro...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: legar

How did you manage to get that second case on the first image? I can't get that.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 3 of 8
legar
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

It was simply right column of 2D portal frame generated by vertical mirror (at ridge line) of left column and left roof beam Smiley Happy...

For simplicity... to show this bug, there are shown only columns.

Message 4 of 8
Mirko.Jurcevic

Yes, after vertical mirroring of the column, I get the same thing.

After deleting the load, and adding new local load on the same bar, it does not respect local Z axis direction.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 5 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

"As a general rule for 2D structures, loads in a local system are not rotated with a gamma angle. The same applies to the eccentricity direction of loads. "

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSAPRO/2014/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-AA2B51CC-C722-4C9F-AE01-251A89EB8976.htm

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 8
legar
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafał,

First of all, load was applied on mirrored structure - loads was not mirrored.

Second of all... why there were no problems with local loads on mirrored roof beam but only on column.

And finally of all... what is original reason of this problem. Don't you really think that it is not a bug when I apply positive load in local bar system and it is applied visually and statically in negative direction of local load???

Message 7 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Program limitation described in help.

See below - column 2 created by mirror

loadin2d.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 8
legar
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafał,

For me it is rather a bug - please add it to wish list to repair in next software versions.

If it is possible to work correctly in 3D FRame... so it should be not a big problem to correct it in 2D Frame Smiley Wink.

Actually there is another risk... that during modification of nodes coordinates in some situations changes gamma angle value and accordingly changes local load direction without any user action on loads.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report