Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loadtakedown model and wind model (?)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
AlexDT
327 Views, 5 Replies

Loadtakedown model and wind model (?)

I've exported my RST model to RSA. In RST I could choose to make a wall just bear gravitational forces of just shearforces from wind. These parameters are not transferred to RSA.

How can I define in RSA that some walls should only bear vertical forces and other only horizontal forces?

Is it possible or do these 2 been seperated?

(Im problably not using the right english terms, please correct me if needed. thanks)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: AlexDT

As Robot is FEM based software the load distribution depends on stiffness of objects (bars, panels) and you cannot use sort of 'manual' calculations arbitrary  assuming where your load should go. You can try to 'direct' lateral and vertical load transfer using releases.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
AlexDT
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks, might be a important point in my conclusion!

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Alex,

You may want to look at CBS where for the simplified calculation methods such definition is possible.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 6
AlexDT
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Good to know. I might check that out later as I am focussing on RSA. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report