Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
andrea_pontiggia
225 Views, 4 Replies

Loads

Hello to all.

I have this problem: I have a structure already defined in stainless steel with defined loads.

The structure is subject only to wind load, in several directions.

I would like to know if it is possible to multiply the simple load conditions with a coefficient, in order to lower the level of load in a fast, until you find the load that the structure is able to withstand.

Thanks

Andrea
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Use combinations that contain one of the wind cases each and with load factor smaller than 1?  What is the exact criteria you want to check - stability (structure collapsing) or design of elements (code checking)?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

I want to check design of element.

Andrea
Message 4 of 5

Then I think the combinations with single load cases and load factors smaller than one should work.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

If you do that on the load cases I would be careful to reduced all the single load case by the same factor in order to keep a uniform effect before combinating them (by the way watch not to reduced what cannot be reduced (eg : dead weight)

If ou have combination converted into load cases, don't reduced it because you will fall into the trap exposed above.

Maybe a good indicator for to find quickly the relevant ratio is to use the checking ratio given in the checking module for the weakest element, you will see if it either  displacement or effort that are governing the design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report