Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loads following deformation shape

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aruser
318 Views, 5 Replies

loads following deformation shape

Hi,

¿how to perform a load which follows the deformed shape of the structure?

I mean, for example an horizontal load. Instead of being always perfectly parallel to X axis, to be perpendicular to the bar.FOLLOWER LOAD.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: aruser

There is no such option in the current version of Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
aruser
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Understood.

On the other hand, could you please explain me in the bar nº 4 of the attached file there is no deformation? I did all the combinations to understand.

Captura.PNG

Alos, what for is absolute/relative?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

I have to admit that asking me to find the answer based on a picture rather than a model is sometimes challenging Smiley Wink

Is the local Z perpendicular to the screen? If yes, set the projection to the isometric view.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
aruser
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Sorry

I forgot to attach the file.

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

The use of local and projected together hasn't got any physical sense since there in such definition of the load there is no definition of the plane on which to project the load . In short such load is not applied. What is more it cannot be defined in the corresponding load definition dialog.

The relative vs. absolute are for a situation when you want to define load on a part of a bar only.

bar loads.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report