Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load takedown

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
660 Views, 6 Replies

Load takedown

Is it possible to include the loads in Revit, do the combinations in Robot, update the Revit model and then run the load takedown extension?

Basically what I would like to do is use the automatic combination in Robot, but still use the Revit's extension.

Thanks

Gustavo 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

In my experience the loads / combos created in Robot won't go back through the vortex.......................:(

anyway, Revit just uses the trapezoidal method that you can set in Robot anyway.  Better to do it in Robot or export to CBS...

Tony

Message 3 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: tony.ridley

Better to do it in Robot or export to CBS

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: tony.ridley

tony.ridley wrote:

In my experience the loads / combos created in Robot won't go back through the vortex.......................:(

Loads and combinations created \ added in Robot are not imported (I mean non visible) in RST. But they are not lost. If you export this model once again to Robot you will still have them in Robot.

So if they are not visible in RST they can not be exported to Extension

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 7

Tony and Rafa,

as I have to send the foundation loads to another company to do the deep foundantion, I was trying to use the load take down extension due to live load reduction (Robot doesn't do it, am I right?) and to speed the documentation process.

Does CBS do live load reduction?

Thanks

Gustavo 

Message 6 of 7

No, only in Load Takedown Extension.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 7

Is there a way, to make the load takedown extension used in RST available in Robot ? It seems that he live load reduction factor works only for Eurocode 0 and ASCE, am I right ? Could we me make the extension create for RST available in Robot by the ''gestionnaire de modules complémentaires'' window as illustrated in the attached capture screen.

thank's for quick answer

Patrick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report