Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load of wall impact to slab ( But not Beam )

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
duchoabn
594 Views, 3 Replies

Load of wall impact to slab ( But not Beam )

Hi all

I have a probelm with load of wall impact to slab (no chock beam) ---> wall no have beam below

pl see picture

wall no beam.jpg

thanks all

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: duchoabn

If you model both the wall and the slab as meshed panels the load will be transferred via their common nodes. You can also apply linear load on the slab instead of modeling the wall.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
duchoabn
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

HI thanks Artur

My wall in model are curtain wall???--> I calculate load of wall on excel --> then add in robot???

How to guide to me define Lintel in robot?( Lintel in wall concrete)

pl see picture

lintel in robot.jpg

Thanks Artur

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: duchoabn

My wall in model are curtain wall???--> I calculate load of wall on excel --> then add in robot???

Define a dummy (with small cross section or  E value) beam under the wall so that its self weight is applied to a slab via this beam. 

How to guide to me define Lintel in robot?( Lintel in wall concrete)

Personally I would define it as a beam when its height is relatively small and as a panel when not.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report