Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load not distributed, simple deck slab

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
michaelcpetersen
391 Views, 5 Replies

Load not distributed, simple deck slab

Hi

Please take a look of this simple 10x10m plate modelled with "Deck slab one way span".

What is the problem with load distribution?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

There are no elements e.g. beams the load should  be distributed to. You can either:

1. Define them along the supported edges of a slab

2. Use the shell calculation model for a panel instead as load has 'nowhere to go' but to the supports anyway Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the quick response. I think RSA should be able to distribute load directly to supports. In this case it was clear, but it could be an entire building floor modelled with only supports and not supporting beams.

Now can you tell me how to find these "secret" nodes? They are not on my nodes-list....

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the quick response. I think RSA should be able to distribute load directly to supports. In this case it was clear, but it could be an entire building floor modelled with only supports and not supporting beams.

It would be interesting to see such a model Smiley Happy

For arbitrary positions of nodal supports inside a panel it would be difficult to distinguish the support lines. E.g. if I add 4 nodes making a square inside a panel which way the walls they represent ends of are oriented?

Now can you tell me how to find these "secret" nodes? They are not on my nodes-list....

Check if they are the calculation ones.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

See picture... the panel is supported on beams, but it was easier to just add linear supports....

Can you tell me how to find and correct instable "calculation nodes"? I think its very strange that some nodes are in the model, but not on my node-list 😞

Message 6 of 6

See picture... the panel is supported on beams, but it was easier to just add linear supports....

In such case what is the point in defining supports in the locations you don't want to have any load transfer to? IMHO this seems to be easier that indicating the direction of load transfer especially for the slab of shapes like in your model.

Can you tell me how to find and correct instable "calculation nodes"? I think its very strange that some nodes are in the model, but not on my node-list 😞

They are displayed in the nodes table after you switch their display on. See: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Node-that-does-not-exist/m-p/4655919

Check if you have a linear release defined along the free (not connected with any other object) panel edge and remove it if this is the case. Otherwise attach the model and I'll try to find out what the reason for the reported instability is.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report