Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13
lomo2002
1331 Views, 12 Replies

load error

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Robot 1214 and when I run a Revit exported model of 2013 Robot. I get an error/warning "The load has not been distributed correctly..."(see attached screen-shot). During analysis process of Robot 2013, I did not get this error/warning. At first I thught, it might be, because, I defined the loads in Revit. Then I redefined all the vertical loads in Robot except wind loads, but I still get the error/warning.

Furthermore, I have just noticed today that both in Robot 2013 and Robot 2014, the loads of some slabs are not distributed as "one-way" like others slab that I defined. I have also attached screen shot of it down below.

Thanks in advance!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: lomo2002

Could you attach the rtd file?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

Regarding the load distribution, they are slab no. 1705 2374 2488 2489. As you can see, all other slabs are distributed correctly (one-way) except these 4 slabs. 

See the attached picture.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 13
lomo2002

Thank very much. I will use CAE 20x3 for the fake beams. Does these fake beam, CAE 20x3 have any wrong effect on panel, because I hope that Robot  transfer the loads correctly to the panel.

Regarding the the loads error/warning in Robot 2014, and I presume that you are done with analysis process.

Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

.Does these fake beam, CAE 20x3 have any wrong effect on panel, because I hope that Robot  transfer the loads correctly to the panel.

The beam of considerably smaller stiffness than the panel should not have any significant influence on the model. Alternatively you can replace the walls with two panels with the common edge at the level of the slab.

Regarding the the loads error/warning in Robot 2014, and I presume that you are done with analysis process.

Please check if you have the actual load distribution (loads generated automatically). If the load is not applied tell me what panel number it is and which model to look at.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 13
lomo2002
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you very much for your suggestion regarding the fake beam. I prefer the fake beam, because it is much easier for me and IE is much lesser than core walls.

Regarding, the load issues in Robot 2014. If you run the analysis of model named "loads defined in Revit", you can get the warning/errors that I get.

By the way, I am a litte newbie in 3D modelling in general, but I get huge normal forces in a few of the beams that are connected to core walls. Although the beams are connected to the core walls as pinned connection. For example, I get huge normal forces in beam 358 1358 1340 ...

Thanks in advance!

Message 7 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

Regarding, the load issues in Robot 2014. If you run the analysis of model named "loads defined in Revit", you can get the warning/errors that I get.

That seems to be due to generation of slightly overlapped distribution zones but as far as I can see the loads are actually distributed to beams correctly. We will check what is the reason for that small inaccuracy in the generation of the zones.

By the way, I am a litte newbie in 3D modelling in general, but I get huge normal forces in a few of the beams that are connected to core walls. Although the beams are connected to the core walls as pinned connection. For example, I get huge normal forces in beam 358 1358 1340 ...

By pinned you mean that you release bending but still axial force is transferred, isn't it? Perhaps you want to apply UX release at one side of a beam?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 13
lomo2002

hi Artur,

Thank you very much for your answers. I want a connection like the picure, so I choose the pre-defined release from "Release" dialog box, "pinned-fixed" (Pinned, where the beam connected to the wall). So, I think, if I release the UX, then it will not be like this connection. or may be my assumption is wrong?

best regards
steel and concrete modern home.jpg

Message 9 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

I assume you do not want to transfer bending therefore release Ry and Rz at this side. Ux should be blocked. The pinned - fixed release is actually what you need (in addition you may want to block Rx).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 13
lomo2002

Hi Artur,

Thank you very much for help. I followed your tips and now I started designing process. To design the elements, I started from last floor by first making groups, then running the calculation. After running the calcution, Robot suggests the suitable element dimension and I change them, but every time after running the calculation, Robot keep suggesting new and huge dimensions. Right for some groups, the library do not have enough big dimension, so I do not know, what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance! 

Message 11 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

By increasing the size of the section you 'attract' more 'load distribution' to it. I think you should determine which internal force is the governing one and then check the behavior of the model and try to determine what is the reason that you get such large force in the designed element. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 12 of 13
lomo2002

Sorry, I did not get the part, where you mentioned, it "attracts" more "loads distribution". It is "one-way" floor, so the load distribution should not be the same? sorry, it be very obvious, but I am not getting it.

If you have time, can I send you the file, so you could look at?

Thanks in advance!

Message 13 of 13
Artur.Kosakowski

Please attach it however I can't promise that I will look at it immediately. PLease indicate the bar to look at and which internal forces in this element to look at.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report