Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load distribution option for cladding (v.2013)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Участник
800 Views, 4 Replies

Load distribution option for cladding (v.2013)

I’m really confused: how to select the bars that don’t participate in load distribution or at least ignore truss bars, if the option in menu is not active as the selection in dialog box?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

ignore.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for showing that selection should be active.

I was asking because I had this in FRAME 3D:

frame 3d.png

and this in SHELL:

shell.png

Distribution options available after changing Structure Type to BUILDING and back.

Message 4 of 5
CKDDIZ
in reply to: Участник

Hello,

1 - if using claddings, the bars that should not participate have to be selected and ignored? ex. bracings and main beams in the pic. below?

2 - where is the difference between using claddings and panel, pic 2 ?

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: CKDDIZ

1 - if using claddings, the bars that should not participate have to be selected and ignored? ex. bracings and main beams in the pic. below?

Correct.

2 - where is the difference between using claddings and panel, pic 2 ?

A cladding is just a 'dummy' object that has got no influence on the deformation of a model. A panel is a set of 'real' surface elements which have properties of the thickness you assigned to it and it has got the influence on deformation of a model.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report