Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load distribution from purlins to beams

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
arailosotenet_gr
1504 Views, 3 Replies

Load distribution from purlins to beams

Hi there,

I cannot understand how the distribution of loads is taking place from purlins to beams.

In the attached picture I have surface loads on claddings that are distributed fine on the purlins (eg 44,45,42,43 etc). But, because I have drawn the purlins half the lenght of the building, the loads are distributed only to the beams that the purlins are stepping on. For example purlin 44 tranfers load only to 5 and 11 beams.

Is there a way to distibute loads to all beams through the purlins lenght without having to break the purling in every juction?

If I offset the purlins will I be able to use releases as the purlins are pinned at both ends?

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Check the settings of your cladding ; Oneway or two? Correct Direction ?

Check display of forces generated automatically.

cl.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4

I had one-way x direction of load distribution, Meaning that the cladding load will be distributed on the purlins and then from the purlins to the beam as concentrated loads to the points where the purlin is stepping on the beam.

If I use two-way direction distribution the loads are distibuted trapezodially on both purlins and beams something that is not correct.

See attachments. If you look closely the distributed load at beam 11)middle one) and on the beams at the edges is uniform rectangular but on the the rest is trapezodial....

Message 4 of 4

See attachments. If you look closely the distributed load at beam 11)middle one) and on the beams at the edges is uniform rectangular but on the the rest is trapezodial....

Divide these beams (5 11 32 34) by nodes situated on them

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report