Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOAD DEFINITION BY CLADDINGS OR SHELL OVER AN HP DOME

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
StefanoPasquini6790
489 Views, 6 Replies

LOAD DEFINITION BY CLADDINGS OR SHELL OVER AN HP DOME

Hi everyone,

I have to design a Glass Dome with structural steel support. Attached on this post you can find the model geometry. The problem is that when I try to apply the loads over the claddings, somthings don't work. I tried to use also triangular claddings, but nothing change. I tried to use Shell and something don't work.

If someone had the same problem should help me!!! I need a fast answer becouse the draft design of this work have to be delivered in two days.

Thanks in advance.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

My assumption is that the task is to have all these claddings (panels) flat. I think that you could think of replacing a rectangular shape with two trianles so that they have to be flat.

You may find this macro useful: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/API-objects-geometry-to-triangles-converter/...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Artur,

I've just read the post of API and I've just download it. Now the model it works but I need to do a wrong assumption, i must define the load distribution in bidirectional mode instead of X direction load.

I've chek the sum of the vertical reaction and the value is equal to the sum of the load assigned, the load distribution is howevere not correct and the beam design is not extremly exact.

Thanks a lot

glass dome.JPG

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 4 of 7

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. What kind of help would you like to get from us?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7

Hi Artur,

I need to load only in X direction the claddings, and in this case the model made a lot of error. I've assumed the bi-directional load but in my model is not correct.

I've solved the problem with an higher safety factor.

Thanks a lot for your commitment.

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Message 6 of 7

By the way, is there any means to attach edges of a pannel/cladding to side bar nodes?

Message 7 of 7

@t.sautierr wrote:

By the way, is there any means to attach edges of a pannel/cladding to side bar nodes?

You can drag the characteristic points of a contour to the location of nodes. See the message 7 from http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Edges-A-lot-of-small-pieces/m-p/3379267

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report