Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load combinations - strange signs in the table

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Ronald286
389 Views, 16 Replies

Load combinations - strange signs in the table

Hello,

I want to give the table of combinations for expertisa, but there are a lot of strange signs in this table(see attached picture). How to solve it?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

That suggests very large values of load factors. You can convert the code combinations into manual combinations and edit them but I don't understand the origin of this situation. Have you edited the regulation file? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 17

Large values of load factors? So, now I can't be sure that partial factors of loads in combinations applied correctly? And internals forces according to these combinations could be not correct? So, this could be not a simple visual problem, but a real problem for design of bearing elemnts of the building?

No, I didn't change anything in regulation files. I checked them, all factors look okey.

Message 4 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Ronald286

but there are a lot of strange signs in this table(see attached picture). How to solve it?

Got it on your file.

Investigating.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Fast workaround:

- convert code combinations onto manual combinations

- replace -1.#J factors by correct ones in Combination table.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 17
Ronald286

this is a joke? i have over 2000 combinations. all of them will be in my list of combinations? and for example, if i will want to see maximum and minimum values of axial loads in columns, i will need to go thru 2000 combinations??

Message 7 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

Update : it works not correct for all long term live natures

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 17
Ronald286

Another paradox!!! see attached picture. Please, can you explain me how in my combinations i can have the load 10 with factor 1,17???? First, i have only one long term load(with partial factor 1,3), so in all ULS combinations it must be with factor 1. Second, even if i would had more than one long-term load, factor for combination would be 0,95, ant total factor would be 1,3x0,95=1,235. So, what is 1,17?????

Message 9 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

Combinations with wrong factors gives no results or all results =0

Have I told you you have done anything wrong? No.

Do not blame yourself. Not your fault.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

if i will want to see maximum and minimum values of axial loads in columns, i will need to go thru 2000 combinations??

Make envelope automatically or by your own.

accomb.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

If you are more falimiar with Excel you can do it this way:

- generate manual combinations from code combinations

- download and start this macro

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Editing-load-cases-in-excel-API/td-p/3320573...

- on first tab use Import button

- switch to second tab

- correct factors for case 10

- press Generate button

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 17
Ronald286

Rafal.Gaweda, I would like to get an answer for my question. I would like to use robot automatic combinations, but if program is not able to do it or i do something bad, please, let me know. I have a lot of troubles with analysis of difficult structure components, I don't have a lot of time to spent a lot of time to create combinations(especially when exist automatic load combination function)

Message 13 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

Ronald,

Rafal.Gaweda,

Rafal is my name, If you do not mind please use it this way

I would like to get an answer for my question. I would like to use robot automatic combinations, but if program is not able to do it or i do something bad, please, let me know. I have a lot of troubles with analysis of difficult structure components, I don't have a lot of time to spent a lot of time to create combinations(especially when exist automatic load combination function)

I thougth it is \ was clear now - problem with long term live natures in snip sp code in automatic code combinations.
We will correct it asap. Most likely in SP3 for v.2014. When? I do not know. Mosty likely in 4-6-8 weeks time.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 17
Ronald286

@Rafal.Gaweda wrote:
We will correct it asap. Most likely in SP3 for v.2014. When? I do not know. Mosty likely in 4-6-8 weeks time.

Perfect answer. Thank you.

Message 15 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

load 10 with factor 1,17???? .... ant total factor would be 1,3x0,95=1,235. So, what is 1,17?????

1.3*0,9

Unfortunately it seems that factors for long term live loads..... you already know

Rafal Gaweda
Message 16 of 17
40ushek

Do u use russiad codes?

По русским нормам считаете?  Можете связаться со мной.

Message 17 of 17
Ronald286

I hope there are no problems with different factors and formulas in design of columns, beams and other elements according to russian code. And I hope, somebody make some tests to be sure, that all these things work correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums