Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Cases / Envelope

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
georgimonew
8745 Views, 16 Replies

Load Cases / Envelope

Hello!
I created 4 wind load cases and 3 snow load cases. My problem is to create an envelope containing wind cases and another containing snow ones. Is it possible? By doing this I want to reduce the number of combinations generated my Automatic combinations module. My teacher recommended this, too.
I read that robot cant create envelopes. Is it true?
Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
40ushek
in reply to: georgimonew

the goal - reduce the number of combinations generated my automatic combinations module?

Message 4 of 17
georgimonew

I was told its theoretically right to make a envelope combination - the Eurocode 1 says that. And the goal of course is reducing the number of combinations. It's a simple steel frame I don't need 200 combinations.
I've read the posts you told me but I see the only way is editing the load cases in excel? Grouping the combinations doesn't make a envelope of them, right?  Is there another way?
And if you don't understand me, I want to make a envelope as SAP2000 do it - it has a load combination type - envelope.

Message 5 of 17
40ushek

200 is very little. 1 000 000 combines is normal. I use for that special program (I author). I do it for myself.
Message 6 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

And if you don't understand me, I want to make a envelope as SAP2000 do it - it has a load combination type - envelope.

I think we do not understand you. Also, at least me, do not know what is envelope case\ combination in SAP.

Envelopes are generated automatically in Robot these ways:

env1.jpg

env2.jpg

env3.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 17
georgimonew

I want to create a envelope of 4 wind load cases and combine this envelope in ULS combinations, for example,
G+Q+0.5*envelope (Wind1; Wind2; Wind3; Wind4).
Thanks for the help. 🙂

Message 8 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

I want to create a envelope of 4 wind load cases and combine this envelope in ULS combinations, for example,
G+Q+0.5*envelope (Wind1; Wind2; Wind3; Wind4).

And the result of the above is ...?

Tell me what you want to get. 

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 17
georgimonew

Tihs is a combination. I want the maximum values of the internal forces. Instead of combining dead and live loads with 4 wind load cases to be just 1. I hope I gave the right answer.

Message 10 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda

Tihs is a combination. 

Not possible.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 17
40ushek

combine 1 

Axial = 100; Moment = 14 (Axial MAX)

combine 2

Axial = 14; Moment = 100 (Moment MAX)

combine 3

Axial = 99; Moment = 99( stress MAX)

Message 12 of 17
qvt
Contributor
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

thannks for your help ?

but how i can chose combo envelop for design RC ? 

Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 17
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: qvt

Go to Combin. tab and select combinations - if I understood you correctly

Rafal Gaweda
Message 14 of 17
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: qvt

Hi @qvt

The design of reinforcement is done for each of the combinations one by one and designed reinforcement is such that it secures element's capacity for all of them. 

Please see: Rc Members - Required Reinforcement - Beams

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 17

Pudiste hacerlo? me podrías decir como?
Message 16 of 17

Puedo meter una envolvente dentro de una combinación?

Message 17 of 17

Hola @leidy.arbelaez,

te animo a que si publicas en español abras un nuevo tema en los foros de la Comunidad Autodesk en Español.

Aquí te dejo el link: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/espanol/ct-p/157

¡Hasta pronto!

¿Te ha parecido útil este post? ¡Deja un like!
¿Tu pregunta ha sido solucionada? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución' y ayuda a las demás a encontrar fácilmente la información.

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution'

Joaquim Moral
Community Manager
Spanish Community & English - AutoCAD Electrical, Mechanical and Plant 3D products

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report