Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load application Uniform Planar Load on Contour for crooked panel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
470 Views, 3 Replies

Load application Uniform Planar Load on Contour for crooked panel

Hello,

I have a problem with getting my "Planar on contour"-loads correctly onto my panel.

I used one cladding-panel for each of the two roof slopes, but want to apply a few different load regions to this one panel (Eurocode: Wind-forces, A, B, C... regions).

The smarter way would have probably been to create a cladding-panel for each region, and then just put my Uniform Planar Load on each of them. Instead I used Uniform Planar Load on Contour.

The problem is I only applied the right x- and y-coordinates, and chose z-coordinates, which are in a horizontal plane above the roof, believing the load would be automatically applied correctly to the next slope underneath (so I could save calculating the z-coodinates of the loads for my crooked roof slopes).

Is there a way to fix this gracefully without dividing the slopes into new panels and applying new loads?

Regards, Max

(Example File to get show the idea how I applied my load is attached [original was too big], RSAP 2013)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for reporting.
Workaround: use ordinary shell meshed panels (with shell calculation model)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

I am working in "Frame 3D Design"-mode for my structure and there I use Claddings to distribute the loads on my frame.

Your advice is to switch to a "Volumetric Design"-mode and use panels instead of claddings here?

I tried that and the load is correctly applied when I use panels instead of claddings. The problem is that I can't use the panels just for load distribution, I have to define a thickness and material here, or is there a way to use panels like "material-less"-claddings?

Thanks, Max

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Your advice is to switch to a "Volumetric Design"-mode and use panels instead of claddings here?

"Shell" structure type, not Volumetric

I tried that and the load is correctly applied when I use panels instead of claddings. The problem is that I can't use the panels just for load distribution, I have to define a thickness and material here, or is there a way to use panels like "material-less"-claddings?

Use thin panel with "fake" material or maybe 0.1mm Steel panels

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report