Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of buckling

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
RSAvis
758 Views, 7 Replies

Length of buckling

I try to test the function of analysis of buckling. Length of buckling in two direction y and z seem not correct. Please help me if I am wrong.

Many thanks.

7-25-2013 12-45-55 PM.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: RSAvis

Please check:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Results-Buckling/m-p/3406121

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Buckling-Analysis/m-p/3280269

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
RSAvis
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank Artur.

Normally in my case, Lcry = Lcrz = 0.7Lo=5x0.7=3.5m but the result of RSA is very different???
Message 4 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Have you divided the bar as described in the link I inserted in my previous answer? Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8
RSAvis

Thank you Arthur very much!!!

But the length of buckling Lcry=11.6m why it is not 3.5m like Lcrz=3.5m?

Message 6 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

buckling length1.png

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8
RSAvis
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

It mean that Lcrz is buckling length of weak axis with accordant Ncr of column. For the strong axis, need Lcry (more longer) to get this Ncr. Thus, in conclution the Lcrz is the buckling length of clolumn and Lcry is referent length

Message 8 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

You need to match the results with the appropriate shapes of buckling.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report