Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

large displacement

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
klel
799 Views, 2 Replies

large displacement

Hi

I am getting large/wrong displacements in my model in members 44, 74, 55,54,56,57,212 and 66 for loadcase 1 with auto deadload and I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong.

The large displacement happen across all basic loadcases implying that something is wrong with the properties and not with the loads. The assigned property is S355 which is correct. The releases look allrigth also.

http://www.filemail.com/t/3cafb536c71c4820946c709592dff8a6

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: klel

You cannot ignore instabilities of type 2. I think you should check the releases as when you delete them they are no longer reported.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
klel
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks. Now when I have removed most of these instabilities the deformation figure looks normal, so this solves my problem.

But I am somehow not able to get rid of all the instabilities. There remain some type 2 RZ rotations for 27, 29, 35, 60 and 70. I have deleted enough releases so that there is RZ fixation in these nodes but the problem remains. I dont understand how one can have a global RZ spin on these nodes which are actually in all cases fixed to more than one member. Do you have any hint to give me? Just deleting all releases en-gros is not really an option for me.

http://www.filemail.com/t/87cbebb1a44c4249a46f5fa0de322f8f

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report