Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Italy NYC 2008 Moment Resisting Frames with Concentric Bracings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GabrieleNovembri1027
491 Views, 3 Replies

Italy NYC 2008 Moment Resisting Frames with Concentric Bracings

Hi All

I have some difficulties in order to understand if and how I can use the Italy NTC 2008 Add On for Moment Resisting Frames with Concentric Bracing. The Italian regulation lets you use this kind of structure but It seems that is not possible to use this kind of structure in the current version of ICK.

I have to verify the hierarchy of resistance for columns and beams considering the structure as moment resisting frames and the bracings as structure with concentric bracings ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Smiley Very Happy NYC instead of ICK Thanks to spell check Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4

Hi Gabriele,

According to Eurocode 8 point: 6.10.2 Moment resisting frames combined with concentric bracings

(2)The moment resisting frames and the braced frames should conform to 6.6, 6.7 and 6.8.

In order to check that situation, the solution is a two steps process. First bracings verification according to 7.5.5 and then verification of the MRF (beams and columns) according to 7.5.4. In case, if you would like to check beams according to 7.5.4.1 and according to formula 7.5.14 you need to change the member definition one time. This is not be done automatically for now.

Best Regards

Message 4 of 4

Hi Massimo.

Thanks for the information.

Gabriele

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report