Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Automatic Load combination: (automatic wind loads not included?)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
patkson
521 Views, 2 Replies

Issue with Automatic Load combination: (automatic wind loads not included?)

Hi All,

I'm have been trying the new wind simulationo implementtion in the new robot 2015 and so far is been fantastic.

My problem is after the wind load has been generated for eg: Wind X+, Wind X-, Wind Y+, WindY- etc., regardless of its inclusion in the load types or simple cases, the Automatic load Combination to EC0 deoesn't seem to recognized the wind loads. I have confirm this by looking at the code combination component under combination tables. 

Another serious thing encounted when I exported one of the columns to the design model was that, under simple cases the all the 4 wind cases were infact recognized but under a different load case. To be more specfic the wind loads was  strangly considered as dead loads!!!! 

Please help clarify this.

Best Regards,

POK.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: patkson

It is related co nature of cases generated by Wind Simulation Engine

Workaround:
1. Change regulation file
2. Assign Wind nature to Wind Load Simulation cases
3. Set original regulation file
4. Set correct relations for code combinations

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 3
patkson
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,
I'm glad to inform you that your suggestion really worked. First I ensure wind nature is assigned to the automatic wind loads generated. I then created 4 groups for the for directional wind and then defined an or exclusive relation in relations tab..It was fantastic
Thanks
POK.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report