Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolated nodes are multiplying

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
oyvinkle
329 Views, 5 Replies

Isolated nodes are multiplying

Hey!

I have a problem with  the numbers of isolated nodes getting larger after i have deleted them and run the analasys again.. As i have undrestod the problem lies in the liniear releeses and that they are multipli difined on conected edges.. is this the case?

how may I sort the problem?? the fil is given in the link.   

https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=BMMZNVQKARCTETS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: oyvinkle

You should define the linear release for only one panel (along the edge that is common for two panels).

excessive linear releases1.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
oyvinkle
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Is it the same as for three edges?

I also get an error that ses "it is necessarry to divide tapered bar to valcilation elements for non -linear analysis"

How may i find where the elemnts are and how to remove them?

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Is it the same as for three edges?

Then define them for two panels only.

I also get an error that ses "it is necessarry to divide tapered bar to valcilation elements for non -linear analysis"

How may i find where the elemnts are and how to remove them?

My understanding it that the actual warning is in fact that it is recommended divide (not remove) the bars of variable height for better precision of the results.

Just select these bars using their section names as the selection filter.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
oyvinkle
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I im not shure if I know what you mean by that, The bars are dividet into 20 segments i beleeve witch sould be satesfactory for convergens..

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

In the model you sent I can't see any such warning so my answer was the general one. As far as I can see you haven't installed SP3 for Robot 2013. I recommend you do so. The link is inserted below:

Robot Updates

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report