Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolated Footing Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
faisal.aaouatif
298 Views, 3 Replies

Isolated Footing Issue

When exporting isolated node ( as shwon oh the pdfs ) to design the foundation according to , the dimension of the pier is lost ( the software , adopt the default one 65 * 65 ).

the change of the support orientation dosent seem to resolve the problem.

there is two question here ;

1.How to resolve the issue above ?

2.Reaction values are computed on the global X Y Z ( I guess ) ;  what if i have an orientation of the footing different than that ( local support with a specific orientation as shown on the pdfs ) , would RSA export reactions  values according the global or the local support ?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Could you attach the model reduced to the column and its support so that I could have a look at its transfer to the RC Spread Footing module? In general the orientation of the foundation as well as the import of forces is based on the local coordinate system of a column rather than support.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4

Please find below the link to the Rtd file

http://we.tl/W2vnTw7ZQ5

Verification shoudld be done on the left part of the building ...

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4

the change of the support orientation dosent seem to resolve the problem.

Make sure that the direction of support axes matches the orientation of the column.

direction of support.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report