Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to update/renew profile database?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jummybear
829 Views, 6 Replies

Is it possible to update/renew profile database?

I have found that some profiles are miss (for example i use finnish steel section database). However, missed section (for example it is tube 50x50x4) should be in this database and is used quite often. I know that i can add manually sections and save tha database, but its not only that section missed. There are some more. Thats why i ask is it possible to update whole database instead of drawing by hand each missed profile?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Jummybear

Yes it is possible.
Open database in Section Database Viewer, in properties unmark "Standard Database...."
then copy whole existing record with similar section to the last line with "*", then update values in cells accordingly

BTW please send us details what is missing + references

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
Jummybear
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I will try, thank you for quick reply. What does you mean by "reference"? I dont know what did you (what info, which materials) use to compile finland steel section database. I am from Estonia, but we commonly use all finland steel profiles. Ruukki is one of the biggest factories in Finland, probably the biggest one and we use steel profiles from their catalogue. As i mentioned above, i cant tell at the moment all missed profiles, but for example tube 50x50x4 is missed. They also have 50x50x5, but i suppose it goes as a special order because it is used vary rarely.
Message 4 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

We made it basing on Ruuki catalog years ago

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 7
RSAvis

For the Z purlin, how i can create a new profile by edit a existing one?

I can not find the profile Z like:

09-12-2013 9-42-25 PM.jpg

Message 6 of 7
Jummybear
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Then i think it will be enough if you team will renew/update profiles from the same Ruukkii catalogue. I hope we will see supplemented database sometime in future with some servicepack/hotfix or whatever. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: RSAvis

For the Z purlin, how i can create a new profile by edit a existing one?

You can .

Check this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/How-to-create-thin-walled-sections/td-p/3107...

esspecially post 11, attachment EC3.....

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums