Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersecting Cable Analysis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
222 Views, 1 Reply

Intersecting Cable Analysis

What is the proper and easiest method to analyze two intersecting cables which are fixed on both ends? I have attempted to run "Drawing Model Correction", Compatible Nodes, and Generation of Node at Intersection. Either case, the model will not properly solve. I have already changed to P-delta analysis, removed BFGS corrections and checked Matrix Update after each Iteration box.

My goal is to get load share between the two cables, therefore reactions at all fixed ends. There is to be no constraint at node 7.

For now, i only have a nodal load at node 7 in the z-direction. I will incorporate self-weight and other load factors later. No pretension on these cables.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Intersect cables so that you have 4 cable elements

2. Delete case 1 (you cannot have the assembly load case which is assumed as the first defined) with no loads

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report