Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Interop.RobotOM.dll for different Robot versions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1001 Views, 5 Replies

Interop.RobotOM.dll for different Robot versions

Is there a difference between the Interop.dll files between different Robot versions? I've just installed version 2015 and while looking at the SDK I've noticed that two of the samples have Interop.dll files with different file sizes.

- RobotSDKSample_Reinforcement has an Interop.RobotOM.dll file that is 1492kb

- RobotSDKSample_Steel has an Interop.RobotOM.dll file that is 1464kb

Which is the more up to date code? And is there any difference to the .dll files to include the new features of 2015?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does anyone know the difference between the .dll's? I wouldn't want to send my program out with the wrong one!
Message 3 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

Does anyone know the difference between the .dll's?
Described here:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/What-s-new-in-Robot-2015/m-p/4956176#M22671

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

But both of these samples have been available in previous versions of Robot.A Google search gives me results for Robot 2010 which already had both samples. And given how the file sizes are different, I still don't know which one is the newer version (2015).

And you'll notice your answer in the "What's new in Robot 2015" regarding the API was in response to my question, so I'm aware of the new things in Robot 2015 šŸ˜› . My question is exactly which one (if any) of these two different RobotOM.dll files is more up-to-date and presents these novelties.
Message 5 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda

I will check what is in SDK.

But if you reference to "c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2015\System\Exe\robotom.tlb" the most up to date interop will be generated by compiler.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks, I just did that, and by the looks of things, neither of the Interops in the OP are up-to-date. The resulting .dll file after using "tlbimp robotom.tlb" has a file size of 1727kb, quite a bit bigger than the ones listed in the OP. I've attached the .dll here now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report