Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integral Panel Cuts in RSA

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
richardwhitfield
1817 Views, 7 Replies

Integral Panel Cuts in RSA

Hello,

I am using RSA for some RC panel design and as normal wtih FE analysis I am getting very high stresses over support points.  As the reinforcment in these locations will effectively yield and lead to a distribution of moments over a wider area I was wondering how best to take this into account in RSA? EC2 divides the panels up into column and middle strips and then further divides the column strip into inner and outer strips across which bending moments may be averaged by means of integrating the actual bending moment over a given area.  This requires definition of the integral strip width to accurately average the results.  Many FE analysis and design packages feature such a tool and I am sure that this is possible in RSA but I can't quite figure out how to do it.

I have attached a diagram below for ease of reference.

Moment Integration.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Richard

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

In Robot this can be achieved by reduction of values of bending over supports. Please check:

http://docs.autodesk.com/RSA/2013/ENU/filesROBOT/GUID-E4E8BE33-DCD2-4343-824C-447A1AB5ECA0.htm?highl...

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Artur,

Thanks for your response.  I had read this and found the load reduction option onder the parameters tab in the panel cuts.  This does reduce the moments but no options are given for what width the integral cut is taken over and I coudn't find any information relating to the process RSA uses to reduce the moments.  At the moment, this is too much of a black box item for me to use with any confidence, particularly as I am having to design the reinforcement by hand as there is still no support for concrete design to AS3600.

Would you be able to provide a bit more insight into this and possibly recommend some updates for the next release of Robot relating to widths assumed for the reduced moment panel cut?

Would you also be able to provide an update on when we are likely to get AS3600 support, it has been promised as 'almost there' for quite some time now.

Thanks,

Richard

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your response.  I had read this and found the load reduction option onder the parameters tab in the panel cuts.  This does reduce the moments but no options are given for what width the integral cut is taken over and I coudn't find any information relating to the process RSA uses to reduce the moments.

This is described in the HELP topic I indicated in my previous answer. See the attached picture too.

Would you also be able to provide an update on when we are likely to get AS3600 support, it has been promised as 'almost there' for quite some time now.

As you have probably noticed for similar questions about the plans for new versions of Robot my answer is that due to the company policy we are not able to answer what and when questions. For this particular case all I can answer is that you have to wait till Autodesk officially makes the announcement about what's new in Robot 2014.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

Hello Arthur,

I know that this is an old post but I cannot seem to find anything in more recent RSA  versions where I can set integral strip widths for FE slab analysis?

Message 6 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: leegsstewart
Message 7 of 8
leegsstewart
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello Rafal,

The link does not seem to be orking at my end?

Cheers

Josef.

Message 8 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: leegsstewart

Try this
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/isolated-flat-slab-shell-model/m-p/5072820

or find thread "Isolated Flat Slab Shell Model"

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report