Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instability steel desig module

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eusmor
555 Views, 3 Replies

instability steel desig module

Hello,

Could you help me please?

I can’t understand why the elements 17 and 18 in the attachment have instability in the steel design module

Thanks

David

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: eusmor

Because they are under  tension and exceeded the entered slenderness limit which in such case is calculated as for the entire length of the bar. I would suggest the changes as shown on the attached picture. Mind that this would also allow you to set the correct deflection limits.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
eusmor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Then lateral buckling parameters doesn't work for tension members, only for compression members?

please see atacment.

Thanks,

David

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: eusmor

Yes, this is correct however I'd say that the perpendicular beam(s)  is/are actually buckling restrains too and then they will be considered.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report