Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability due to definition of releases

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pevelor
383 Views, 3 Replies

Instability due to definition of releases

Thanks for the quick response.

I have a 3D structure where I want the columns to be subjected only to axial compression. When I use releases. I always end up having to deal with a lot of instability warnings.

Would it be similar setting end releases to fixed-fixed and change the element type to a compression bar as defining rotational releases?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

In such case there would be no bending along a column and you force non linear analysis of the model. The column will be switched off when under tension. Mind that you would need to add some bracings to prevent horizontal movement of the structure.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
pevelor
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Its a Residential Cellular Concrete Building so walls will provide lateral stability I both directions.

In such a case, would you recommend using compression bars instead of defining releases and having to deal with all those accompanying warnings?

Or do you suggest anothor way or doing this for instanse by defing elastic releases close to pinned pinned?

Thanks again for great help and this awesome forum.

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: pevelor

The elastic releases is the option I would select.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report