Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instabilitiy looping?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
t.sautierr
787 Views, 6 Replies

Instabilitiy looping?

Is is possible for some instabilities to be looping from one physical node location to another node :

sometimes when cleaning instabilities in a model, espacially that coming from releases, when you fix one in one particuliar node, another can appears in a second stage and wasn't present before :

for example :

first stage :

instability type 3 node 154 176 202

fix node 154

second stage :

instability type 3 node 162 176 202

Usually when it happens it appears in a node close to the one fixed, but I'm always to see that king of phenomenon, because you never know when it ends -> practicaly I get rid off all realeases and redo it.

This leads to another question : for 1 model with no change between two calcullation run, does robot calculates the solution exactly the same way? or is it possible that sometimes (maybe the case if minor change occurs (change in the llocation of one node) it is calculated with different calculation steps ? ( matrix diagonilsation, assembling ...?)

Sorry but at present I have to model to illustrate my topic but I will put one when it occurs.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: t.sautierr

I can be like that because of two reasons:

1. instability type 3 is reported only once (for one node) during one run of calculations

2. it can be shifted if mathematical instability  occurs 

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
t.sautierr
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

And then what is the typical treatment doctor? 😛
Message 5 of 7
t.sautierr

Calculation report ... of course ... I should know that !
Sorry
Thx
Message 6 of 7
t.sautierr

Last questions :

Is there a mean to be sure that a remaining type 3 instability is the results of mathematical bugging and can be ignored ? checking the efforts and displacement?

Maybe the answer is to use all the methods listed in the links above and if it is still remaining and then it can be ignored?

Is there a way to access the data of the stifness matrix ? (I thinking about being able to highlight nodes considering there their stifness for a given dof.

Thx

Message 7 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: t.sautierr

Last questions :

Do not believe 🙂

Is there a mean to be sure that a remaining type 3 instability is the results of mathematical bugging and can be ignored ? checking the efforts and displacement?

Yes, create dummy load case, assing unit load on direction of instability in instable node and check displacement\rotation in this node

example My=1kNm in node with instability type3 on RY direction -> check rotation result in this node -> reasonable=small values -> ignore instability

Is there a way to access the data of the stifness matrix ? 

No.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report