Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inconsistent mesh (occurrence of kinematic nodes) after ne material (masonry)

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
dawid.kuzma
1043 Views, 13 Replies

inconsistent mesh (occurrence of kinematic nodes) after ne material (masonry)

Hi,

During my work in ARSA i have met a problem after adding new material.
I have added stiffening walls made from custom material (masonry Porotherm 25p+w) to my steel+RC construction.
The mesh and calculation without masonry walls where made, but after adding the walls, during verification i got the warning "inconsistent mesh" (PL. "siatka niespójna"). Inconsistance appears in conections between wall and floor or between two walls (masonry and cocncrete).

I have tried moving the walls, shortening etc. nothing works. PrtScr in attach.

Maby this is a problem of input data for masonry a gave:
E=5300MPa
v=0,25
G=2120MPa
weight 17kN/m3
f.k=3,11MPa
reduction factor=1,2

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: dawid.kuzma

Show mesh on printscreen.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 14
dawid.kuzma
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

it will take a sce. because i didnt save it. Runing mesh ringht now.

Btw. On the upper Prtscen it is visible, warning about lack of material. Don't know why this is happening, because I remamber I have marked new Material when I was making new "wall" with option "new thickness".

Message 4 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda

Btw. On the upper Prtscen it is visible, warning about lack of material. Don't know why this is happening, because I remamber I have marked new Material when I was making new "wall" with option "new thickness".

Meshing has nothing to do with material. Material properties are assigned to fes during process of model egneration, not meshing.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 14
dawid.kuzma

After model generation, mesh with inconsistent mesh in crossing of masonry wall and concrete slab.

Whan I constratced walls 5cm shorter on both sides (didnt cross with slabs) the inconsistance occured in conections between masonry wall - rc wall

Message 6 of 14

Dawid,

Select all panels and set the parameters as shown in the attachment in the message 2 from http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Warning-after-Structure-Verification/m-p/320...

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 14
willjvizcaya

Hi, I have amde some FE Analysis and they were working by now.

now i have a kinematic constraint error, i turned it off and now i cant even mesh... im not much into FEA theory but the model used to work, i made a new panel, and it stopped working.. deleted this new panel and it still wont work, attached the file

Message 8 of 14

As you decided to extrude objects (rectangles) you also determined the vertical divisions of the meshes. By doing so you lost the function of mesh adaptability to other objects. The solution is to redefine the model using rectangular panels instead of extruded objects.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: willjvizcaya

Like in attached file.

meshedlegs.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 14
willjvizcaya

Oh, I see!! Ok!!  Thx for such an efficient and fast answer!

Message 11 of 14
willjvizcaya

Hi again...

Hmmm.. now i know the solution but the problem is made different.. this time i have to make panels from  an extruded circle... what is the procedure to convert extrusion to panels??. I corrected the file above drawin each panel, but is a little difficult in circles.

Message 12 of 14
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: willjvizcaya

This way:

ctop.jpg

Then rather do not remesh these panels

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 14

Good afternoon. I'm currently modelling a standard grain silo and need to model the conical section of the silo using panel elements. I executed the process described above but it didn't work, the panels were not created in the same way as the ones from the cylindrical section. Is there another way to model a conical shell structure using only panel elements?

Regards, 

Ivan Franco

Ivan Franco
Civil Engineer
Message 14 of 14

One of the possibilities:

cone.jpg

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report