Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
saclovitzky
419 Views, 6 Replies

incoherent mesh

Hello,

Pls. see attached screenshot, It seems to me that the mesh is fine, but I do not have any idea why this problem still exist.Any ideas/comments will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
saclovitzky
in reply to: saclovitzky

Also, I ahve this incoherent mesh on the same project which I've manged to fix but resurface again when I run the calculation.Why? Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
saclovitzky

I also tried for a day to unmeshed and remeshed all the panels/walls hoping that it will be sorted(sometimes it works..) but to no avail again.I've tried really hard to manually correct the mesh(as It was previously recommended, but it is really time consuming, no general rules,but relies mainly on good "eye" judgement!), but, for whatever reason, I cannot drag the nodes on a specified location(also, on some areas,I cannot comprehend on how a good "eye" judgement will solve complicated mesh problems-see attached).

Again, any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
saclovitzky

(as It was previously recommended, but it is really time consuming, no general rules,but relies mainly on good "eye" judgement!)

*as it was previously recommended, the user needs to have a good eye to judge whether the meshed nodes shld be shifted to and from the neighboring nodes in order to correct this incoherent mesh on edges problems. Sometimes, you end end draining your energy just to correct this problem(but normally at the end of the day, you're getting frustrated for not fixing it, I think this is a MAJOR problem that the "developer" should look at,we expect that the software would help us getting results on our model,but when you stuck on this problem,the model will not run and you're in big trouble if you have a deadline in getting you're result. I  am realizing now that there's no way, that the existing user of the software will be totally independent but most likely will always rely on the "technical support team".  I am hoping that in the near future, this software (ARSAP 20??) will totally eliminate this "incoherent mesh errormessage".So that, engineer/user will focused on his/her engineering jobs instead of getting stuck and losing precious time in fixing this simple but complicated problem..

Message 5 of 7

Also, I ahve this incoherent mesh on the same project which I've manged to fix but resurface again when I run the calculation.Why? Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Have you frozen the mesh after correcting it? Otherwise the model generation will delete it and generate it again as in the original model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 7

Pls. see attached screenshot, It seems to me that the mesh is fine, but I do not have any idea why this problem still exist.Any ideas/comments will be highly appreciated.

I'm not able to check how accurately the model has been defined but there are few suggestions that you may find helpful.

Try to set the same parameters of meshes for all panels. Use element size rather than number of divisions which I assume was used for the wall from the picture. If you create a panel avoid creating narrow straps which widths are much smaller than declared size of the element of the mesh. Replace them with beams.

For the wall / slab connection - I think that actually you should look at the wall below and check if its top edge corresponds to the bottom edge of the wall we can see.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7

Please look at the locations indicated by red arrows. Are they the overhanging parts of the slab(s)? As they are much narrower that the size of elements of the mesh you declared for the slab I would suggest that you match the edge of the slab in these locations with the positions of walls to avoid problems with meshing. 

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report