Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore Self weights

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3098 Views, 5 Replies

Ignore Self weights

Hi There,

Is there a way to ignore self weight of the "selected objects only" on the Robot. The ignored self weight members can be concrete/steel beams/columns or shells. Please note that I still want to keep the other properties except the self weight.

The reson I need this is that I am having some dummy members on my model whose self weight I want to igonre while taking into account of the remaining objects self weight. One way I saw was to changing on the table load case table. But again I can not the list of member under self weight on the table as it restores back to original list. What would be the easiest way to do this?

Any suggestion please,

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HoshangMustafa
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

You can update the bar list.

Please find the attached file.

Message 3 of 6
t.sautierr

other way is to define a fake material for your bars with a very low density ... at the same time you will be able to select these bars at one shot by sorting the bar by material.

it avoids to manipulate the OW list and avoids errors or udating the bar list as you continue your model.

and beware, if you delete the first load case (the one with automatic OW, and you re-create it after, OW will not be put automatically a second time, and with no warning .... I have experienced a 100 000 sqrf building in metal frame with no OW for the bars ..... -1000 tons aver 10 0000 tons (at the end of the project, it can be not noticed easely ..) when you discover such kind of missing with your chief behind, it is a bit ..... confusing 🙂

Message 4 of 6
Rafacascudo

Or a material with Zero density as t.sautier said or "self-weight on selected elements"

self-weight on selected elements.jpg

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thank you all. It solved my problem.

Message 6 of 6
evydm5

To ignore self-weight, you must go to the load table found in the loads menu. From there, you can usually see self-weight for your load case. By deleting that row, self-weight will no longer be taken into account in your analysis. Hope this is useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report