Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for joist girder

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
sampath.kumar
1196 Views, 12 Replies

I am looking for joist girder

I am looking for joist girder (Ex:-54VG, 48VG,40VG..) in robot analysis and not able to find. when I start importign from Revit it take Joist.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

The joists available in Robot are stored in the SJI database. You can also define them as parametric sections.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for the update. Ya I can find the joists, but in out design we use Joist girder for example 40VG,44VG, 50VG 54VG....etc. This Joist girder acts as primary Beams and Joist which you had mentioned acts as Secondary beams. So it will be great if you help me in this. I have attached Screen shot Of Joist girder in Revit Model.

Message 4 of 13

My understanding is that these joist are just of the kind that is not included in the joist database available in Robot.

If yes you need to either create them using the parametric tab of the joist definition dialog or create it from separate bars.

Could you attach the link to the documentation of the joist you refer to please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

I am still looking for the solution. so can anybody will help in findign Joist girders (40VG,44VG,50VG..etc). However I can see Joists in -the SOFTWARE but not Joist girder.

Thanks,

Sampath

Message 6 of 13

Do you mean these  from page 75 of http://www.gsp-ind.com/paul/beargie/elecPrepress/joistcat.pdf ?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 13

Hi Artur,

Thanks for workign on this issue.

Yes I was talkign about the same Joist girder you mention in the valcruft page number 75. I am lookign for the same in the robot analysis, but unable to find it.

we use Joist girder as the primary beam and joist as the secondary for all our stores. we have 2000+ stores which we need to convert from revit to robot analysis. but the sad thing we are not able to get the joist girders. so it will be really help ful if you can help me out in this issue.

Thanks in advance

Sampath

Message 8 of 13

As such joist girders are currently not available in Robot I would try the following:

1. Define user sections with the same stiffnesses as for joists

2. Map these sections with corresponding joists girders during export from Revit to Robot

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 13

so we need to add Joists in case of joist girder with Joist girders specification. so are we not have Joist girder in 2014 Robot analysis Tool too ?

Message 10 of 13

The joist girders are available in Robot 2014.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 13

I'm sorry of course the correct information is as stated in the message 8 that the joist girders are NOT available in Robot 2014. Somehow I managed to accidentally delete NOT while posting the message.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 12 of 13

oh really.:( I have already requested for robot2014 to install in my system.. 😞

Message 13 of 13

You may find this solution helpful:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/RHS-SHS-beam-with-edge-plate/td-p/3897801

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report