Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How One Way Analysis !?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Ahmad.Shakmak
1037 Views, 15 Replies

How One Way Analysis !?

Hello every one ,,

i am So confused about Robot analysing 

i have do one way slab ,, and after analysing ,, i see the result ,, How the moment in short direction (direction of load transfer ) is smaller than the long direction !?

how is that happen ,, Can any one explain !?

thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
t.sautierr
in reply to: Ahmad.Shakmak

the reason seems to be because of the beams supporting your slab ... if it not rigid enough then it won't help the slab ... then your short span is your long span ...

Message 3 of 16
Ahmad.Shakmak
in reply to: t.sautierr

mmm i dont think So ,, All beam i use is 200*400 mm

i check the load transfer and i find it Ok where i found the beam which the load transfer to them have the big moment

Message 4 of 16
t.sautierr

then send your model

Message 5 of 16
Ahmad.Shakmak

Robot 2013

Message 6 of 16
Ahmad.Shakmak

its just simple model

4 slab connected in x direction 

each slab ,  beam in x direction long 3m
              , beam in y direction long  7 m

with support using Hing

loads , put any value

Message 7 of 16

It is related to geometry (supports location) and type of loads distribution (unidirectional).
- Try Shell panel calculation model
- leave only 3 supports in each of long edges (2x corners and mid one)

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 16

Mr.Rafal

thank you at first for repley ,

About the load direction ,, i make the transfer along the short direction ( x direction ) and i have checked the beams and found them reciving the load ( Here No Problems ) .
the problem is when i check the slab moment  , i surprised when i have seen the moment in short direction is Too Small ( should be big ) and long direction is big 

i dont find any explination !?

about your notes ,, How can i chang the Calculation type and whats diffrent from normal ??

I have More question about the program becouse i am working on Robot for my project graduated ,, If its possible i need your email 

Thanks

Message 9 of 16

Dear Sirs, 

I have the same problem.... I chose Robot for the same aim....and now have many many questions...

Message 10 of 16
Jade_Cereno

Hello. Don't be confused with the moments given by Robot. When you say Myy. the moment turns on to the Y direction About X. while Mxx turns to X directions about Y.

I attached image for your use.

I was also confused the first time I used the Program.

@Ahmad.Shakmak wrote:

Mr.Rafal

thank you at first for repley ,

About the load direction ,, i make the transfer along the short direction ( x direction ) and i have checked the beams and found them reciving the load ( Here No Problems ) .
the problem is when i check the slab moment  , i surprised when i have seen the moment in short direction is Too Small ( should be big ) and long direction is big 

i dont find any explination !?

about your notes ,, How can i chang the Calculation type and whats diffrent from normal ??

I have More question about the program becouse i am working on Robot for my project graduated ,, If its possible i need your email 

Thanks

As higlighted in Bold, I think this will only happen if the Beams that you are transferring the loads are not deflecting. Which in reality it is deflecting. That's why you have a larger Moment on the Long Direction.

MIT-BsCE
Tags (2)
Message 11 of 16
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Jade_Cereno

Geometry \ Properties \ Panel Caclulation Model

Rafal Gaweda
Message 12 of 16
Jade_Cereno
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

I was answering the TS's question and quoted it that's why you saw it on my reply.

From what I see is that the Robot's out put is correct from here. I think using FEM softwares and making One Way Slab Analysis is not that applicable. Manual calculation, yes we can do that but on FEM's it will make one way slabs to two way slabs. unless we release the slab model on desired directions.

MIT-BsCE
Tags (2)
Message 13 of 16

You may try this approach:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Force-Slabs-to-Span-One-Way/m-p/3515468 (message 4) 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 16

Thanks For helping ... but i have another question , whats the difference between the (detailed , principal , complex ) result ?? and whats ( 1,2,12,angle) in principal meaning !?

Message 15 of 16

Detailed Results

Principal Results

Complex Results

Formulas Determining Principal and Complex Values

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 16 of 16
khanz4

Hi!

i don't know if it's late to answer but i think i know the answer (perhaps)... u prob need to change the local panel direction of the slabs.. make sure your panels local axis matches your normal local axis. means slab x-axis should be same as local window axis.. i'm certain after that u should get your answer. u big moment would represent in x-direction

cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report