Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Superbars and Cables

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
300 Views, 2 Replies

Help with Superbars and Cables

Hi, 

I am trying to analyse a lifting operation of a frame. It is lifted using two slings (crane wires) as shown. What I am interested to know is the strength of the pipe, I want to perform the code check on the pipe memebers. 

My queries :

1) How can i simulate slings, I tried using cables option, but the calcs are unstable 

2) I have modeled the pipe i am interested as a superbar and tried code check, nothing useful came 😞

(in reality, the pipe tends to bend)

What am I doing wrong ?

0000.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dimogrec
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello nany,

take a look here  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/lifting-the-construction/td-p/3420819/highli...

(it's not a direct answer to your questions but it will help)

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dimogrec

Hi Dimogrec, 

Thanks for the reply. I have read the post, it was a good read. 

What I got from the post is that, they are changing the lifting point position so as to avoid unnecessary moments in X,Y & Z. 

In my case I cannot do that, and till now, I am simply giving pinned supports at the lift positions ilke shown in the figure. But this time we would like to know the behaviour of the members if we have cables.  

Is this correct !

02.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report